This is officially the longest that I’ve ever been pregnant.
Both Angelica and Josiah were born 1 week to the day before my due date and Jeremy and Xandra were earlier than that.
I’m doing okay aside from this………….
I have puffy, puffy, PUFFY ankles and feet. The swelling starts just above my ankles and continues down to my toes….it’s lovely. It doesn’t hurt, but it is slightly uncomfortable.
I don’t really have a belly shot, but I’d like to get one…..hopefully today sometime.
We are wanting to get the cord blood from our baby in the occasion that it could be a help to Angelica. This means that I need to deliver here at BC Women’s Hospital……or that would be the best case scenario for us at this time. It’s not what I’d planned, but it is what would work out best for this situation here and now.
So this means that because I have in the past had quick labors that I need to hang around the hospital just in case this time goes quickly as well. It would be not cool were I to go into labor and try to get into BC Women’s from Langley only to have the baby in the car. Jon does not want to miss the delivery of our baby and so he too is here. This leaves our children in the loving care of our family and friends and we are so thankful that Angelica is expected to come home by next weekend. It’s not that long and I’m guessing that I’d have the baby within that time anyway.
We decided against inducing this weekend to give our little man a bit longer to cook, if necessary and to allow for labour to start naturally if possible.
Probably, the best case scenario would be if I gave birth close to the end of next week (which coincides when Geli is supposed to be coming home) and then we could all just go home together.
I’d initially thought that maybe I could hope to hold out on having this baby until I went home and then I could just go back to our original plans for birth and delivery with my midwife….but after talking with the lab who deals with the cord blood, I think it would be the best idea to have the baby here….not my first choice but possibly the best case in this messy situation.
I think that the stress of everything has stalled things from progressing as they seemed to be doing. Aside from the very stressful Thursday which ended up with me being monitored and having contractions 6 mins apart there have been a few twinges here and there, but nothing where I’ve really wondered if this was the start of something.
The midwife that I’ve had caring for me here in Vancouver has been unbelievable. June Friesen has gone so far above and beyond in her care of me….I don’t even have adequate words to describe how caring she’s been or how much she’s been here for us or walked us through some of the hardest and stressful days that we’ve had so far. She is an amazing midwife and I’m so thankful that Cathy referred us to her care. Although I miss Cathy terribly, I am in amazing hands and I’m so grateful to have such caring women as a part of bringing our newest little man into this world.
I did have a non-stress test yesterday and he is doing well.
I’ll try to get a picture of myself today and back add it to this post……(DONE)